This 550 hour Instructor Training program focuses on Teaching Techniques and Principles, Lesson Planning, Evaluation Methods, Clinical Supervision, Preparation for Classroom Activities and Information, Sanitation, Safety, First Aid, and Disinfection. It is designed to help you gain the skills needed to effectively teach students and prepare them to achieve their own dreams.
You will learn how to instruct students in theoretical and practical aspects of Esthetics as well as business practices. Those interested in the Instructor Training Program must have a current Washington State Esthetics or Master License to enroll.
The Instructor Training course introduces and prepares the student for a career in instructional methods for the Cosmetology field as mandated by the Washington state Department of Licensing.
At the completion of this course, the student will:
- Have knowledge of the basic principles of teaching
- Be able to perform all tasks taught in this course, following proper procedures
- Be capable advancing t the clinical supervision level of a Cosmetology school
- Prepared for the Washington State Instructors Exam
The Instructor Training course of study is approximately a 5 month program, consisting of 550 clock hours. Each of the subjects listed below will be covered in Theory and Practical work.
- Theory – 150 hrs
- Classroom Management – 150 hrs
- Teaching Techniques – 100 hrs
- Lesson Planning – 30 hrs
- Communications – 115 hrs
- First Aid – 5 hrs
Total hours – 550